FidoJournalism Home Gallery Packages Blog Philosophy Links Contact

9.10.2007

Pool Party!

Yesterday Carolyn and I brought Jingles and Cooley to a Pooch Pool Party hosted by the Montgomery County Recreation Department. The entire Wheaton/Glenmont pool was opened to dogs... and there were lots of them there to enjoy a refreshing dip.

Jingles and Cooley made quite a pair. They didn't seem all that interested in swimming, but they enjoyed running free around the perimeter of the pools, sticking together as usual. They did splash around some, but some of the other dogs were swimming in the deep end and even going down the slides.

I had a booth set up so I couldn't take as many pictures as I wanted, but here are some of my favorites from yesterday.

Jingles and Cooley surveying the scene...


Cooley cooling off...


Another lap around the pool...


Parents brave the heat, while the dogs enjoy the water...


Testing the waters...


I like the layers in this one. If you look closely, you can see one dog swimming in the deep end, and another running in the background.


That is one shaggy dog!


This poor guy was investigating the slide and took one step too many...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I took my boys (now sadly in my ex's custody and not my own) to a pool party that was fundraising for the University City (MO) dog park and they were both afraid of water! Can you imagine? My Atticus could swim like a champ if carried into the middle of the pool, but he never went willingly into the pool.

 
Photography by Stephen Bobb
Phone: 202-329-1670info@fidojournalism.com

2006-2007 Stephen Bobb

Creative Dog and Pet Photography in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC

View Stephen Bobb Photography Weddings and Portraits